Updated: 30 November 2015
What personal information is collected and held?
We collect and hold personal information that relates to our Consumers.
That personal information could include:
- Your name, delivery or postal address, email, date of birth, telephone, mobile phone, facsimile, social media account ID;
- Any comments or queries you have made;
- Information about your preferences for goods or services that we offer from time to time.
For the avoidance of doubt, We do NOT store or collect your credit card details when you purchase via the Espressotoria.co.nz website. Your credit card details are passed directly to ANZ eGate, a secure gateway service responsible for processing your payment. We use a HTTPS channel and 2048 Bits SSL certificate so the traffic carrying your credit card details are encrypted. Your credit card details will not be passed to any other third party.
How personal information is collected and held?
We collect personal information directly from you where you:
- Complete a web form enquiry or otherwise interact with via esspressotoria.co.nz;
- Email Us firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Telephone Us;
- When you interact with Us through a third-party social networking sites like Facebook, we may have the ability to obtain certain personal information from your social networking profile and activity (our Social Media Pages),
- Enter into a consumer promotion or competition we run, including but not limited to hardcopy forms and text messaging programs;
- Call our third-party customer service to make a warranty claim for Espressotoria product;
- Interact with any consumer-directed mobile sites or applications obverted by Us, including our smartphone apps (our Apps); and
- Opt in to receive further marketing communication and/or register for a loyalty program.
Although We generally only collect personal information directly from individuals we may obtain personal information about you from other sources such as social media platforms, third party data aggregators engaged to provide us with additional information about our existing consumers or from third parties with whom we may occasionally partner with to run promotions.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is held securely. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
We store your personal information in hardcopy document or electronic form, and we protect your personal information through physical security (including locks and security systems at our office premises) and substantial computer and network security (including use of firewalls, identification codes, access controls and passwords). We also store some personal information with third-party data storage providers, who also employ a range of security measures to protect your personal information.
In addition to the above, We will store your personal information in our customer relations management system (CRM). The CRM may be used by Us to (a) record your interaction and the supply and use of your personal and other information in connection with the Websites, including your involvement in any loyalty program and other competitions and offers that We may run in conjunction with the loyalty program; and (b) record your interactions and the supply and use of your personal and other information in connection with Us generally.
Our Websites use a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, in relation to any purchases and payments made via the Websites. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, making it extremely difficult for this information to be intercepted.
In using our Websites, where relevant, you can assist in protecting your privacy by ensuring that you always keep your passwords confidential, and by letting us know if your account has been compromised.
What other personal information is collected and held?
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, use and disclose personal information (including disclosing to our related bodies corporate or agents):
- To respond to any queries or complaints you make with us;
- To contact you directly about our brands, products, special offers, promotions and competitions;
- To confirm your identity;
- To consider your request for a product or services;
- To enable us to provide you with products or services;
- To approve transactions you wish to make;
- To assess a job application you submit to us, including conducting screening checks and considering you for other positions;
- To maintain and update our records.
We may also collect, use and disclose your personal information in connection with actual or potential misconduct, unlawful activity and acquisitions of our business.
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information. For example, we may not be able to deal with your enquiries or consider your applications.
We may exchange your personal information with our related bodies corporate, your representatives and with our service providers that assist us with archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, debt collection, delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, research, investigation, insurance, website or technology services.
Some of the third parties with whom we exchange personal information may be located in Australia and other countries.
- Where you have opted-into receiving marketing communications about Us or have registered to become part of a membership or loyalty program, we may collect and use your personal information to keep you up to date with the latest news, events, special offers and promotions of our brands. We may send you General Marketing Communications, in the form of emails, SMS Text messages and postal mainlining. We may also send you targeted advertising communications tailored specifically for you, based on information collected on our Website with those collected on third party sites.
You can always opt-out from receiving marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each communication or by contacting us on email@example.com.
You may also visit social media sites where you are a member to explore opt-out options they may provide for targeted advertising. Please note that even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us, you may still receive administrative communications from us (such as order confirmations, notifications about your account activities). You will also still see generic ads on other websites, including on social media sites where you are a member.
How can you access your personal information and correct it?
You have a right to request access your personal information and to request its correction from us.
You can request to access your personal information that we have on record about you, or request that we update that personal information, by writing, telephoning or emailing us:
Vittoria Food & Beverage Legal Department
ph: (02) 9748 0299
PO BOX 6565,
Silverwater, NSW, 1811
We will need to verify your identity before giving you access or correcting information.
We will respond to your request to access or update personal information within 30 calendar days.
We will provide you access to personal information in the manner that you request, if that is reasonable or practicable for us to do so. If we are not able to provide that information in the way that you request, we will write to you and explain why we cannot provide the information in the way you request, and we will take reasonable steps to give you access to your personal information in an alternative manner to meet your needs and ours. We will also inform you of what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
We will not charge you an application charge for requesting access to your personal information. However, depending on the complexity of your request, we may charge you’re a fee for processing the request including costs of postage, and staff costs in searching, locating and retrieving the requested information. We will ensure that that costs is not excessive.
In certain instances, we may refuse to give you access to your personal information. In these circumstances, we will write to you to explain why have refused access, and inform you of what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
Where you request for us to correct personal information we hold that you believe is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, or misleading, we will respond to your request within 30 calendar days. You will not be charged for making that request, or for any work we conduct in correcting the information. We will take reasonable steps to correct that information once we are satisfied that that information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading. If we refuse your request, we will write to you and explain why we have refused, and also tell you what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
How can you make a complaint against us for a breach of your privacy, and how your complaint will be handled?
You are entitled to complain if you believe that your privacy has been compromised or if we have breached the Privacy Act or relevant code.
If you have a complaint, you should write to us to,
Vittoria Food & Beverage Legal Department
PO BOX 6565,
Silverwater, NSW, 1811 Australia
We will respond to you in writing within 30 calendar days, informing you of our decision in relation to your complaint.
Changes to this Policy